July 17, 2012

Blogger 411 ( a link-up )




Today I am linking up with one of my favorite bloggers Becky over at From Mrs. to Mama for the Bloggers 411! I hope you all enjoy reading a little bit about me. I know I look forward to getting to know the rest of the bloggers who link up as well!
How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?

I just started blogging in May of this year. I spend a lot of time on Pinterest and a lot of things I was interested in where bringing me to peoples blogs. I thought it seemed like something fun to do. We just bought our house and I thought it would be a way to document our progress as we re-do rooms in our house. Show before and after pictures. Ect..  I originally started this blog out as {Ashley & Tyler} but seeing as my guy has no interest what-so-ever in blogging, I changed my name .. at first I thought he would be insulted or upset if I didn't include him in the name, seeing as I am blogging about us and our life journey together, but that wasn't the case. It's still about us and our life together, but there was no need to put his name on the blog so I changed it to what I wanted it to be :)

Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?

I went the local community college for 2 semesters for business and decided it wasn't for me. I then attended The Art Institute of Philadelphia and studied Photography. I have not yet graduated with a degree, and right now I'm taking a break on the whole college thing and trying to focus on getting my photography business started without spending lots of money on school. It's a slow process, but it's getting there.

Where have you traveled?
The first time I ever traveled was when I was just 3 months old, my parents took me to the Dominican Republic for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Years. My dad is from the Dominican and  his entire side of the family still lives down there to this day. We visit often. Up until about a few years ago we went every year, every Christmas. So that it too many trips to even count! Besides my frequent trips to the Dominican Republic I have also been to the following states: California, Wisconsin, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Georgia, North Carolina & Florida .. all for fun and or to visit family.

If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?

I would buy Ty his motorcycle that he wants so badly. Then I would go on a shopping spree, I'm in desperate need of a new wardrobe! I would probably pay off my car, and then start doing all the things we want to get done on the house like finishing the basement, a total kitchen make-over. Oh the possibilities!

What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?

Leaving dirty socks on the floor! Ahemm .. Tyler. I swear I pick up this boys socks everyday! We DO have laundry baskets! Use them!

When people call me, I miss their call, call back 30 seconds later and they don't answer! You DID just call me, so why aren't you answering now?!

Chewing .. oh this is the worst. I feel bad because sometimes I can't help myself it drives me nuts. When we are sitting next to eachother and I'm not eating, and the other person is, and I can hear them chewing. Even though they are chewing with their mouth closed. I can still hear you! There is a medical term for this pet peeve of mine .. it is called Misophonia.

What is your favorite movie?

Old(er) movie: Sweet Home Alabama   New current movie: The Hunger Games

What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?

Wine & Soda .. although I do drink a lot of water at work, but when given the choice I usually choose Soda.

What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?

watch re run's of my favorite shows on demand, painting my nails and photography.

If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?

Oh gosh, this is tough. The girly girl in me would probably say something like Urban Outfitters or Anthropology so I could buy all the clothes I ever wanted .. BUT the grown up in me since buying our house would most likely say Target. Seriously, I got excited over the vacuum cleaner we bought last week! (not at Target, but still) You can seriously get everything you could ever possibly need there. Weather it be stuff for the home or shoes and bags. You can NEVER walk out of target empty handed!


Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.

When Ty and I first started dating 5 years ago, he was over my house one day and we were messing around, play fighting/wrestling (Tyler use to wrestle, he often likes to test out "cool new moves" on me ..) anyways, in the midst of all of this the worst thing that could ever happen when you first start dating a guy .. you know the part where everything is rainbows and butterflies and neither of you do anything wrong, you both always smell and look great, you know, that part .. I fart. I was so embarrassed I put my face in my hands and after a few seconds all I could get out of my mouth was "OMG, you think I'm so gross, you probably don't even want to date me anymore!" Obviously that wasn't the case seeing as we are still together 5 years later. He laughed, he thought it was funny. I did not .. Looking back on it now it is pretty funny. But still, very embarrassing at the time!


What day would you love to relive again?

I would have to say the last time I saw my grandmother, my dad's mom. She lived in the Dominican Republic and about a year and a half ago she was on her daily walk and was hit by a car that was speeding. She got to the hospital, but ending up passing away that same day from massvie internal bleeding. We didn't get to talk often, she only speaks spanish, and my spanish isn't the greatest. We managed, and even with the language barier she never had trouble letting us know how much she missed us and loved us. So, I would love to be able to re-live the last time I saw her, just so we could make the most of it. And so that I could tell her how much I love her one more time.

If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?

I would have to say Mila Kunis. She is such a great actress and she is super funny! As am I, duh!

What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?

My very first job was when I was 15. I worked at McDonalds.

Show us a picture from high school or college.


If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?

I would travel to Europe. I really want to see Italy, France, Germany, Spain .. I'd love to see it all!

Where do you see your life 5 years from now?

Married with atleast one child. Most likely still in the home we are in now. Hopefully with my Photography business in full swing, working from home so I can still be a stay at home mom.

6 comments:

  1. I said the same thing about spending the money at Target...think about all the stuff you could buy there!

    www.mommymandymusings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I get so annoyed when I call someone back to only have them not answer the phone. Playing phone tag is not my forte! I love your "I don't fart...I whisper in my panties" pic. I'll have to tell my husband that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found your blog through the Mrs to mamma 411 link up! I love finding people with a blog about there journey to Mrs.-dom!:) Im getting married in September!:)

    www.makingamrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mandy - Target is amazing! I could buy everything, seriously, I WILL find a use for that odd shaped wall decor that matches NOTHING in our house, but I like it, so I want to get it! @ Janna - that is one of my biggest pet peeves! Mainly because it is my mother who does this, but if I did this to her, she would think I was dying,freak out and want to know where I was and/or what I was doing. @ Ashley - Great name ;) I look forward to reading your blog! Congratulations on your engagement/wedding planning. I'm not quite there yet, I'm working on it! Thanks for stopping by ladies and don't forget to follow my blog, I post almost daily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you through Becky, so glad I did :)Target is my Mecca, I wish I had $10,000 to spend there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had 10,000 period!! But, Target would be the first place I would choose for sure!

      Delete